Logistics and Travel
Israel Entry Procedures
You will need to take a COVID-19 test before departing to and after arriving in Israel. Below is a summary of all the steps you will need to take to enter Israel. In addition to this summary, we recommend you review the official website of the Israeli Health Ministry for the full, up-to-date procedures for entering Israel, and to check with your particular airline for their policies and procedures, as well.
Before you board an airplane to Israel:
- Passport: All travelers entering Israel must have a valid passport with an expiration date no less than 6 months after your trip to Israel. Please check your passport; if it expires before December 2022, please renew your passport ASAP.
- Pre-departure PCR test: Before you can be issued a boarding pass to Israel, you must submit a negative result from a PCR test conducted no more than 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. If you are an Israeli citizen or a permanent resident entering Israel on an Israeli passport, you are not required to submit this pre-departure PCR test.
- Insurance policy with coverage for COVID-19: All foreign residents entering Israel must show proof of health insurance that provides coverage for COVID-19 while in Israel. Ramah will be providing secondary health insurance for all of our participants based on the flight information you provide. In the second week of May, you will receive an email from our insurance company, A.M. Skier, with your proof of coverage to present to your airline. This secondary insurance is included in your ride/hike registration fee for the period of May 12 – May 29, which includes 5 additional days on either end of the trip. Please note that additional days will be covered at the traveler’s expense. If you are an Israeli citizen who is not enrolled in kupat holim, this requirement will still apply to you.
- Entry Statement / Online Health Declaration: All travelers arriving in Israel, regardless of their citizenship, must fill out this entry statement within 48 hours prior to departure from your origin city.
Once you land at Ben Gurion International Airport:
- All travelers entering Israel, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, are required to take a PCR test at Ben Gurion Airport upon arrival, and then proceed to a period of isolation at a location of your choice for up to 24 hours, or until you receive your negative test results, whichever comes first. You may prepay for this test, which will save you a few dollars on the cost, or you may pay on the spot. Tests cost 80 ILS when prepaid online. To preorder a test, visit this website only after you have completed the Entry Statement (#4 above). As of May 1, 2022, rapid tests are available for an additional 15 ILS, which guarantee results in 4 hours.
- After collecting luggage at baggage claim, all travelers must proceed to the testing center in the arrivals hall before being able to exit the airport. The testing process is easy to navigate and should not take you more than a few minutes total.
- After completing your test, you will need to proceed to your isolation location (which you may access by any transportation necessary, including public transportation) until you receive your negative test results via email or text message. If you are arriving in Israel on the morning of May 17, our Ramah bus will take you straight to Merom Golan, where you may complete your isolation in your hotel room. We will arrange for food to be brought to your room and you may complete your registration process once you are released from isolation.
Preparing to leave Israel:
Please check with your airline and destination country for travel requirements upon departing Israel.
- For those departing Israel on Tuesday, May 24, Ramah has arranged for tests to be administered at our final hotel in Hadera on Monday evening, May 23. You may reserve a test via this form. The test will cost approximately $40 and will be the responsibility of each participant to cover. Please fill out one form for each person who will require a test, not one per family.
If you are extending your stay in Israel past Tuesday, May 24, you will need to make private arrangements for a PCR or antigen test. We recommend Check2Fly for their ease and convenience. Results are available in 14 hours, or occasionally sooner for an additional charge.
Arrival Information | Tuesday, March 26, 2024
If you are arriving in Israel on Tuesday, March 26:
- All flights must arrive by 10am.
- We will provide buses from Ben Gurion Airport to our hotel, Kibbutz Mashabei Sadeh. Buses will transport participants, luggage, and bikes. If enough participants are interested, we will also provide transportation from Jerusalem and/or Tel Aviv. Exact bus schedules will be provided once we have participants’ flight information.
If you are arriving in Israel prior to Tuesday, March 26:
- Participants can choose to meet our group at Kibbutz Mashabei Sadeh or can meet one of our buses at the airport.
- If a sufficient number of participants will be coming from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, we will provide a bus from a central location in one or both cities.
departure Information | Tuesday, April 2, 2024
Our trip officially ends at the conclusion of dinner and our final evening program on Monday, April 1. Breakfast at our hotel on the morning of Tuesday, April 2 is included.
- For flights departing after 7pm, we will provide shuttle buses to the airport from our hotel, the Prima Music Hotel, Eilat.
- If there are a sufficient number of participants who would like transportation from our hotel to Jerusalem and/or Tel Aviv, buses will be provided.
Don’t want to bring your own bike? Renting a bike is easy, and our partners at Bike Jerusalem will help you every step of the way with setting up and fitting your bike, as well as bike maintenance throughout the trip.
More information on the different bike rental options is coming soon.
If you are planning to bring your own bike, and will be arriving early or leaving late, for an additional fee you may have your bike picked up from the airport and stored until our journey begins and/or until your departure flight.
More information on bike transportation arrangements is coming soon.
Tuesday, March 26: Kibbutz Mashabei Sadeh
Wednesday, March 27: Kibbutz Mashabei Sadeh
Thursday, March 28: Kedma Hotel & Spa, Sde Boker
Friday, March 29: Kedma Hotel & Spa, Sde Boker
Saturday, March 30: Kedma Hotel & Spa, Sde Boker
Sunday, March 31: Kibbutz Ketura (riders) | Prima Music Hotel, Eilat (hikers)
Monday, April 1: Prima Music Hotel, Eilat (all)